Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancake/Crepe
Prep Time 20 minutes + overnight for fermentation
Day before making
- Mix everything in a plastic container and set aside with lid closed for overnight fermentation in Refrigerator.
On the Day of Making Crepe
1 cup warm milk ( I used 2 %)
⅓ cup Sour Cream ( I used full fat)
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Ghee/ Melted butter
2 egg yolk
2 egg white
½ teaspoon sugar
- Heat milk in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute add sour cream, 1 tablespoon of ghee and salt. and mix everything to combine well and set aside
- Take out the dough of buckwheat flour and yeast from the refrigerator and set aside for about 1 hour to bring it to room temperature.
- In the meantime beat the egg white with ½ teaspoon sugar to stiff peak and set aside.
- Add egg yolk, sour cream-milk-salt-ghee mixture to fermented buckwheat flour and mix well.
- Gradually fold in the egg white and mix everything to form loose pancake batter.
- Heat a skillet in the stove add a drop of ghee brush well to spread everywhere. To this add ¼ cup of batter and by swirling the pan get batter to spread it into a round crepe.
- Cook for about 1 minute on side and flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Continue to make crepe until you finish the entire batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, Sour Cream and apple. I think maple syrup is best.
- If you want you can add sour cream along with yeast.
I am linking this healthy crepe/pancake to Hearth and Soul Blog hop Hosted here.