Preparation time:10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving
3 1/2 cup Ammarakai/ Guar beans (chopped finely )
1 1/2 Onion ( chopped finely)
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 tablespoon Urad dal/ split black gram
2 no Red chilies
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1/2 cup water
2 sprig curry leaves.
How I made
- Wash and clean the guar beans cut the head and tail and the cut them into fine pieces and set aside, chop the onion and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal and halved red chilies, when mustard seeds starts splutter add chopped onion, guar beans
- To this add turmeric powder, salt and water and close the lid cook for until entire water is evaporates and beans gets cooked.
- Then add coconut, cumin powder and red chili powder and mix once and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy with rice and gravy.