Adapted from Little Japan Mama
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 Tbsp flour
2 ¼ cup corn kernels ( I used fresh, you can use frozen, creamed)
3/4 cup vegetable stock ( I used homemade vegetable stock)
1 1/2 cups milk ( I used 2 % milk)
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
1 1/4 cup water
How I made
- Melt butter in a med/large saucepan. Fry the onion in the butter until translucent.
- Add corn. fry for 2 minutes, to this add flour and fry for another 2 minutes
- To this add water and vegetable stock and cook the corn until it is cooked well, it take about 5-6 minutes.
- Blend it well milk until smooth consistency. (If you want you can keep it grainy)
- Strain to remove the corn husk and other residue and heat once again and, bring to boil and simmer 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with any bread or as such.
Linking this to Favorite recipes Non Indian Food guest hosted at Ghar ka Khana