Once your filling is cooled, pinch out small portion of the steamed plantain dough, and spread it into thin circle and fill it with a tablespoon of filling/pandam. Finally seal them well and shape it into torpedo shaped balls. Since plantain sticks to your hand well grease you hand. Then fry these balls until it become golden brown color.
Enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee.
- First steam the plantains using steamer or microwave. I used microwave, for first cover the plantain with tissue and cook for about 2.30 to 3 minutes until the plantain is soft and set aside. Once it is cool enough touch peel the skin and cut it into two in the middle. Then again cut it in center each pieces, this will expose the center black seeds. Remove it using a knife.
- Mash the plantain pieces well using a potato masher or food processor add tablespoon water to make smooth dough and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a skillet and add cashew nut pieces and raisins, fry until cashew becomes brown and raisins plums up. To this add coconut and fry until golden brown color and it release nice aroma. To this add sugar and fry for another 1 minute. To this add an egg and fry again until egg gets cooked well. To this add cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- Pinch out small lemon sized balls from steamed plantain dough. Grease the hand with ghee and oil mixtures and spread each small plantain balls into thin circle about 3 inch diameter. To this add 1 tablespoon filling and gradually cover and shape it into torpedo. Repeat the processes until entire plantain are made into balls.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, when it reaches 350 F slowly adds filled plantain balls. Fry until it becomes brown in color, make sure to turn other side when one side cooked well. Remove from the oil using slotted spoon and transfer to kitchen tissue to remove any excess oil.
- Enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee.
- Use only ripe plantain not the ripest one.
- If you want you can add 1 teaspoon of sugar while making the plantain dough.
- In order to prevent plantain from sticking to finger, grease well with ghee and oil mixture or you can simply coat the stuffed plantain balls into the ghee -oil mixture.
- While frying turn the fritters only when one side is done well otherwise it will stick to pan.