Please make sure to take your little time to see the creations of rest of baking partners, as each one has its own delicious stories and end results. If you also an enthusiastic baker, who love baked goodies, and willing to bake with us shoot me an e-mail favoriterecipes12 (at)gmail(dot)com. Come and join and have fun.
1/2 cup/60g unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp/10g instant coffee or instant espresso powder
3/4 tsp/2g baking soda
1/2 tsp/3g baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp/3/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 Jumbo eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pistachio
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of kitcheaid stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla; beat for another 2 minutes. Decrease the speed to low and mix in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing only until a dough forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix in the chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough (around 929g) out onto a well floured work surface and divide in half of around 464.5g pieces. Knead each portion a few times to pull the dough together into a ball, then shape each portion into a 12 x 2 inch log. Place each log on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and let it cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Then, slice the logs diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices and leave the slices standing up on the baking sheet. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes of baking on one side and remove from the oven and flip and bake the other side another 10 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to a rack to cool completely. Store it in an air tight container for 1-2 months.