Thanksgiving is just 2 days away, and I believe everybody in USA has started preparing the menu for Thanksgiving dinner or lunch. Brining the huge bird and later roasting it, and making the awesome sides and wonderful dinner rolls, and delicious pie to finish the dinner is a huge task. But it is worth the efforts for the chance to enjoy the wonderful meal together with family and friends. This year due to the massive winter storm to on the east coast, travel is hazardous, and hope everybody has a safe trip. Once you finish the dinner, it is time for the crazy black Friday shopping for holidays.
I decided to make sweet potato this week as it is one of the side dish for Thanksgiving. And if you haven’t decided to add a sweet potato side then goes ahead with this delicious roasted sweet potato with honey and spices. I am planning for Thanks giving lunch with vegetable biriyani, a fry, roast and sides. My daughter wants a pumpkin pie. So I will make that one too.
Last week when we are shopping at Sam clubs, there were lots of samples of food to be try. I tried a potato sauté in one of the stands. I liked it, and the asked the lady what spice mix she was using, she told me it is Rosemary garlic seasoning by Tone’s. It has rosemary, salt, pepper, red bell pepper, garlic and lemon peel. I fell in love with it. I am strong believer of making seasoning from scratch, but this one I liked very much, grabbed one from Sam’s clubs itself. I love the fact that is kosher and no MSG.
You need two sweet potato chopped into 1 inch cubes and then it is covered with a marinade made of rosemary garlic seasoning, red chili pepper , honey, olive oil and cumin powder. Make sure not to add salt as it is contained in the seasoning itself and bake it 375 ⁰F for about 30 minutes. Then when it ready to serve, sprinkle little olive oil and enjoy. We loved it. You can feel free to increase the amount of honey and also skip adding red chili powder. I don’t recommend skipping the cumin powder.
Here comes the recipe, you need to do only preparation for this dish about 5 minutes, rest of cooking will be done by your oven.
It is great addition to your thanksgiving dinner table.
Here is few thanksgiving recipes from my kitchen
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (Approximately 4 cups chopped)
- 2 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 11/2 tablespoon Tone’s Rosemary garlic seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red chili
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. In bowl mix in oil, honey, rosemary garlic seasoning, cumin and red chili powder and coat over the potatoes. Roast for 30 minutes in oven or until tender.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.