Long weekend has come and gone. Yes the first 2 days we basically sat at home as it was raining and watched the soccer games. Yesterday we ventured out to a park so that kids can feed some ducks and play. There was also the usual cleaning of the house. And I also made these brownie cookies as my daughter kept asking for cookies for a long time.
Brownie cookies were introduced to me by my friend Suja, and as we are talking on the phone, she told she had bought some brownie cookies from the Wal-Mart to give to her son’s school party. Her son was celebrating his 7th year birthday party in the school. I searched Google and came up with lots of brownie cookie recipes, I finally settled with this one. It is delicious, and if you like brownies you will like it, it is in-between a brownie and a cookie. I added instant coffee powder to brings out more chocolate flavor, also increased amount of flour.
It has semi-sweet chocolate and chocolate chips, flour, sugar, eggs, butter and baking powder. First melt the chocolate with butter and then mix in with beaten eggs and sugar and vanilla extract and coffee powder. Then mix entire chocolate mixture with dry ingredients, chill everything for 60 minutes. And scoop them into mounds and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 ⁰F for 10 minutes. Center should be soft while it comes out from the oven. On cooling it will hardens little bit. Then cool the cookies in the wire rack for another 10 minutes.
You can even make brownies cookies with store bought pancake mix. I will try them next time. Here is delicious easy cookies, make it if you like brownies a lot.
Here comes the recipe.
- 6 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Jumbo eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ⅓ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate with the butter, stirring a few times, until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- In another large bowl, using a whisk or a beater, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla, instant coffee powder and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate,
- and then fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into a shallow baking dish, cover and chill until well chilled and firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Working in batches, scoop 2-tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are dry around the edges and cracked on top. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely before serving.
- Make Ahead the cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Copyright ©2014 Zesty South Indian Kitchen by Swathi(Ambujom Saraswathy) All Rights Reserved