Wishing all my friends and readers a Happy Independence Day (July 4th).
Salute to those men and women who gave their ultimate sacrifice for freedom. Hope you are going to enjoy barbeque in the afternoon the fireworks in the evening. I haven’t planned any barbeque, but looking forward to a delicious lunch and dinner. We will be watching fireworks from home as going to see fireworks with two little kids is tedious.
On every July 4th I try to make red white and blue dishes; but this year I got busy and not enough time to plan and cook the dish. As I was still trying to make the red white and blue dish, I found this interesting recipe from here. As we can get fresh strawberries and blueberries in the store now, I decided to make this simple dessert. It is easy and delicious.
You need ½ a cup of whipped cream, and instead of making it from scratch, I relied on store bought Reddi-whip. First wash and hull the strawberries and cut the bottom part too that way it will stand, then apply little whip cream and keep blueberry on the top. You got Red white and blue dessert.
Very easy to try it, even if you are planning for a party, and it is healthy kids will love it.
Here comes the recipe.
- 12 strawberries
- ½ cup Reddi whip (sweetened whipped cream*)
- 12 blueberries
- Yield: ½ cup
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- ½ tablespoon powdered sugar/confectioner's sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash and hull the strawberries and cut both ends.
- Place it in a plate
- Apply cream on the top.
- Place a blueberry on top of each one.
- * If you are making sweetened whipped cream,
- Add cream into a chilled bowl and add the sugar and vanilla. Using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat the cream to the desired consistency. For soft peaks, the cream will be just thick enough to hold its shape . For stiffly beaten cream, the beaters or whisk wires will leave distinct traces on the cream and stand in firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- You can this make ahead one day.
Copyright ©2014 Zesty South Indian Kitchen by Swathi(Ambujom Saraswathy) All Rights Reserved
Other Red Whit and Blue recipes