Deepavali/Diwali without sweets and Savories is hard to imagine, here is collection of sweets recipes from my kitchen. Here is 20 recipes of Diwali/ Deepavali Sweets Collection.
You can find one which requires some preparation like Boondhi ladoo, Boli and some with less than 30 minutes preparation. You will also find your childhood favorites as these are my childhood favorites. This year’s diwali is on November 11th. Each recipes has step by step pictures. If you try these recipes please get me back with your feed back I will appreciate that.
Here is List of Sweet Recipes In this Blog
- Ukkarai: This is the traditional Southindian Deepavali Recipe. A traditional sweet made during Diwali/ Deepavali. Ukkarai is made just 6 ingredients, chana dal, jaggery, coconut, cashewnuts and ghee with tocuh of cardamom.
If you are looking for sugar syrup based sweets then try this
2) Badusha / Balushahi : Sugar coated fried dough served with pistachio nuts.
3) Gluab Jamun : You can call it king of indian Sweets, yes it is orginiated in Mugal Kitchen which has persian influence. India’s traditional and milk based sweet dish mainly made with evaporated milk, sugar , flour with touch of cardamom , saffron and rose water.
4) Jangiri : Jangiri is a sugar-coated flower-like sweet. It has alternative names including Imarti, Amriti, Omriti, Jahangir and Emarti.
This sugary, fried delight originated in Northern India during the Mughal era. It is made with ground black gram lentils.
5) Boondi Ladoo : Delicious Traditional Boondi ladoo made with fried chickpea flour balls and soaked with sugar syrup and spices.
Delicious besan ladoo, sweetness chickpea flour balls made with besan, sugar and spices like cardamon and saffron.
7) Besan Coconut Rava Ladoo : Delicious easy besan rava coconut ladoo an easy delicious treat with in less than 30 minutes
8) Rava ladoo : Simple and traditional dessert made with few ingredients, semonlina/Rava, coconut, ghee, sugar ,cashew nuts and raisins.
9) Rava ladoo with condensed milk : Delicious rava ladoo a simple and traditional Indian sweet made with rava/semolina, ghee, coconut, condensed milk with touch of cardamom.
10) Maladu/ Dalia ladoo / Roasted split chickpea ladoo : Delicious Maladu/ Dalia Ladoo a No cook, easy Ladoo recipe made with just roasted dalia/ Split chickpeas, sugar, ghee, cardamom and cashew nuts.
11) Mysore Pak
Delicious Mysore Pak a traditional South Indian Sweet made with Besan, ghee, sugar and oil with touch of cardamom.
12) Coconut Mysore Pak :
Delicious Coconut Cashew Mysore Pak, made with coconut and cashew nuts, ghee and sugar a gluten free South Indian sweet treats.
14) Coconut Ladoo : Delicious coconut ladoo or coconut fudge ball made with desiccated coconut , condensed milk , cardamom and touch of vanilla extract
15) Churma Ladoo
Delicious churma ladoo made with whole wheat flour and semolina, sweet treat at any time.
16) Boli Delicious traditional sweet lentil stuffed flatbread made with chanadal and sugar . Usually served with palpayasam.
17) Puran Poli Puran Poli a delicious flat bread made with sweetened chickpeas and spices.
Delicious cashew nut fudge made with sugar cardamom, rosewater. Make it vegan by skipping the ghee for greasing.
19) Rasamalai :
Delicious and simple sweet made with Indian Cottage cheese and sugar. Topped with nuts.
20) Shankarpali Delicious Shankarpali lightly sweeted fried cookies made with flour, semolina, sugar , ghee and cardamom. Excellent snack of its own.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.