Preparation time:10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving
3 1/2 cup Ammarakai/ Guar beans (chopped finely )
1 1/2 Onion ( chopped finely)
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 tablespoon Urad dal/ split black gram
2 no Red chilies
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1/2 cup water
2 sprig curry leaves.
How I made
- Wash and clean the guar beans cut the head and tail and the cut them into fine pieces and set aside, chop the onion and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal and halved red chilies, when mustard seeds starts splutter add chopped onion, guar beans
- To this add turmeric powder, salt and water and close the lid cook for until entire water is evaporates and beans gets cooked.
- Then add coconut, cumin powder and red chili powder and mix once and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy with rice and gravy.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.