Adapted from Little Japan Mama
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 Tbsp flour
2 ¼ cup corn kernels ( I used fresh, you can use frozen, creamed)
3/4 cup vegetable stock ( I used homemade vegetable stock)
1 1/2 cups milk ( I used 2 % milk)
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
1 1/4 cup water
How I made
- Melt butter in a med/large saucepan. Fry the onion in the butter until translucent.
- Add corn. fry for 2 minutes, to this add flour and fry for another 2 minutes
- To this add water and vegetable stock and cook the corn until it is cooked well, it take about 5-6 minutes.
- Blend it well milk until smooth consistency. (If you want you can keep it grainy)
- Strain to remove the corn husk and other residue and heat once again and, bring to boil and simmer 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with any bread or as such.
Linking this to Favorite recipes Non Indian Food guest hosted at Ghar ka Khana
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.