Enjoy with rice and sambar.
- 1/4 cup Potato chopped into 1 ½- 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Carrot chopped into 1 ½ - 2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Cucumber chopped into 1 ½- 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Raw banana chopped into 1 ½- 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Eggplant chopped into 1 ½- 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Beans: I used French beans
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chili I used Serrano pepper
- Tamarind: small golf size ball
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Wash and peel the skin of banana, potato, carrot and cucumber and cut into 1 ½ -2 inches pieces and set aside. Cut the eggplant into 1 ½ -2 inch pieces and set aside
- Extract juice from the tamarind by heating tamarind with 1/8 cup water for 15 seconds on microwave at high. Strain and set aside the juice.
- Cook the vegetables with turmeric and salt with 1 1/3 cup of water until it gets cooked well it takes about 25 minutes. Add tamarind juice to the vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In the mean time grind coconut with green chili and cumin seeds with ¼ cup of water. Add this ground paste to the cooked vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- To this add curry leaves and coconut oil and mix again once again and switch off the flame.
- Enjoy with rice and sambar.
Other traditional Recipes of Kerala Cuisine are
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.