These are delicious Baked Greek Zucchini Fritters instead of frying and light and full of flavors with herbs and spice joined with perfectly married zucchini and tangy feta served with Tzatziki Sauce.If you are looking for delicious and easy appetizer, then this is one the Baked Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki Sauce.
This is also an easy way to sneak in some extra veggies in kids’ diet, as heart health month February is near. I decided to try these baked zucchini fritters with Mazola® Corn Oil, substituting it for extra virgin olive oil. As you know, a clinical study showed that Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
- Yes, olive oil is swapped with Heart healthy Mazola Corn oil both in fritters and Tzatziki Sauce.
- All purpose flour is swapped with rice flour.
- Whole egg is swapped with egg whites.
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of regular ones.
- Fat free Greek yogurt instead of full fat Greek yogurt.
How to make Baked Greek Zucchini Fritters? It is easy to make these fritters. However, you need to keep in mind these tips to get crispy outside and soft and creamy inside.
- Make sure to keep grated zucchinis and place into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture from the zucchini as much as possible.
- Chop the green onions, cumin, dill finely add along with zucchini and crumbled feta.
- Beat egg whites and add to your zucchini mixture and then add flour and mix it all together
- Also bake at high temperature for less time. I like to make my fritters flat and less thick so that it is crispy.
- Also make Tzatziki Sauce and refrigerate ahead so that you can chilled sauce to go with warm Zucchini fritters.
- Make sure to use spice cumin as it goes well zucchini.
Once you made this delicious fritter, enjoy with Tzatziki sauce. These fritters are light and full of flavors with herbs and spice joined with perfectly married zucchini and tangy feta. Here is the step by step pictures Next step is to add egg white , Mazola Corn Oil and feta cheese Then incorporated whole wheat bread crumbs, rice flour and shape Tzatziki sauce
Check out Mazola for more delicious recipe ideas.
Baked Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki Sauce
- For zucchini Fritters
- 1.5 lbs. zucchini about 4 medium
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 scallions chopped about ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Mazola corn oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For Tzatziki Sauce, mix the yogurt, Mazola corn oil cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and dill together in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425F line the baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with little Mazola corn oil and set aside.
- For fritters, grate the zucchini (with skin on) on a box grater. Make sure to grate the zucchini at an angle to get long strands.
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander. If you want, you can line the cheesecloth. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt on the zucchini and toss to combine.
- Let the zucchini rest for 10 minutes, then try to squeeze out all the liquid out with your hands in batches or use a kitchen towel. Make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible so that the fritters aren’t soggy.
- Place the zucchini in a large mixing bowl and add the scallions, dill and egg white. Mix to combine.
- Then add the cheese, flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix with a fork to combine all ingredients well.
- Using a big cookie scoop place zucchini mixture into prepared baking sheet. And then slightly flatten them into a disc. Flatter means more crisper fritters.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the sides are turning to brown.
- .Serve fritters hot and garnish with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. Serve with Tzatziki or plain Greek yogurt.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.