Delicious moist banana bread with tangy cream cheese and toasted pecans. Great breakfast bread of its own.
This weekend was a 3 day holiday weekend due to Good Friday and Easter Sunday and as the weather was great we had 3 days of fun. On Friday and Saturday we did shopping and also went to attend a Taiwanese festival, and Sunday as usual was cleaning and grocery day. How was your weekend? This weekend I also made this delicious Banana Pecan Cream Cheese bread with some ripe bananas and cream cheese.
At first I was planning to make carrot cupcakes, but my bananas were very ripe, and as usual hubby requested banana bread so I skipped the idea of carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting and made this banana bread.
Banana bread gets the warmest welcome than any other quick bread. Hubby loves to have them for his breakfast and the kids also enjoy eating them. So I am free to make banana bread at any time.
I tried banana bread with sour cream earlier which we liked a lot, so got the courage to try with cream cheese in banana bread.
Only difference I found is that baking with cream cheese is that it requires more time than the regular banana bread without any add on.
Normally banana bread will be ready in 60 minutes; this one took about 75 minutes to get completely cooked.
Banana is awesome fruit which can mingle with anything. Tangy cream cheese makes it moister and heavier.
Normally I make banana bread with whisk and spoon for this I used Kitchen Aid stand mixer, first added cream cheese, butter and sugar, then added egg and vanilla extract and then add flour mixture. And finally fold in mashed banana and chopped pecans (if you want you can roast them also) .Then bake it in a preheated oven of 350 °F for 75 minutes or until tooth picks comes out from the center. Check them after 60 minutes as every oven differs in temperature.
This is one of the moist and soft delicious banana bread and it is hard to stop with single slice. If you like banana bread, you will love them. I have few banana bread recipes in blog, but this one stands in my new favorite banana bread recipe.
Give it try you are going to love this one for sure.
Looking for banana bread recipes here you can find variety of banana bread recipes. After school banana bread ,
Banana Pecan Cream cheese Bread
- ¼ cup ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz cream cheese I used Philadelphia original
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups about 4 using medium bananas very ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and mashed
- 1 heaping cup chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9x5 inch loaf pan, grease with unsalted butter and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, of kitchen aid stand, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift all dry ingredients and add mix with wet ingredients in two batches. Fold in mashed banana. Then finally fold in chopped pecans into the mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pans, about ¾ full, and bake for 80 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out relatively clean. You want this bread to be moist, so don't over bake.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from pans and allow loaves to cool completely
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.