This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.
Hearing the title remind you a breakfast, yes it is a good breakfast muffin. When bananas become spottier and look pretty after few days staying in my kitchen counter. So I made this banana walnut oatmeal muffin. My dear husband ‘S’ will say “will you make banana bread?”. Then finding time with little one and cooking will always be a herculean task. On seeing that that there is something to bake I will get over-enthusiastic and try to sit in front of web for another 2 -3 hours to find a nice recipe to use those pretty bananas. I have good banana bread recipe in hand that I will post it later, since only two bananas were available today for my experiment, I decided to make Banana walnut oatmeal muffin. After eating a lot of sweets during Deepavali /Diwali (festival of lights), I thought of making something extremely healthy, so used whole wheat flour along with oatmeal.
What you need:
Whole wheat Flour: ½ cup
All purpose flour: ¼ cup
Oatmeal (Quick): ½ cup (Run 1 spin in the coffee blender)
Baking powder: ¼ tsp
Baking soda: ¼ tsp
Banana: 2 medium (Mashed and pureed)
Walnuts: ¼ cup (Toasted and chopped)
Brown Sugar: 1/3 cup
All spice: ¼ tsp
Cinnamon: ¼ tsp
Ground Ginger: 1/8 tsp
Egg: 1 no
Milk: ¼ cup (I used 1% fat free milk)
Oil: 1/8 cup
Salt: ¼ tsp
How I made:
1. Preheat oven to 375 0F. Grease the muffin tin or line with muffin cups and set it aside.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients and combine well in a bowl
3. In another bowl beat egg well and add brown sugar, oil and milk and combine well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine well.
5. Fold in Banana puree and walnuts to the batter.
6. Scoop with ice cream scoop about 2/3rd full of batter to lined muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Preparation time: 15 minutes for assembly + 20 minutes baking time
Yield: 6 large muffin or 12 small muffins
Verdict: Good, Moist and Tasty
Will I make it again: Yes, Keeper Recipe.0