Jackfruit is one of heaviest fruit, here are tips to successfully how to cut Jackfruit and extract its fruit and seed. This is more cheaper than store bought sliced ones.
If you get a chance to buy this fruit, buy and try them. It is delicious.
Jackfruit Coconut Muffins
Jackfruit shortbread cookies with cardamom
Chakka appam/Steamed Jackfruit Rice Cake
Jackfurit milk shake
Chakka payasam /Jackfruit pudding
Tender Jackfruit Stir Fry with Coconut
Plantain and jackfruit stir fry
How to Cut Jackfruit
- 1 19-20 pound Jackfruit
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- If you get a whole jack fruit cut it in the middle to form two halves.
- Once you cut it don’t touch the center core, you will see sticky latex; first remove that latex using oiled tissue paper.
- Then cut out central core just like pineapple.
- The cut the bulbs from its base, if it is ripe one you can just pull them out and remove chunk of the white fibers at the top of the fruit.
- Then peel back all of the white fibers (actually they are immature fruits) surrounding the fruit.
- As only yellow part is edible. Make a cut from top to bottom of the yellow fruit to extract the seed.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.