This cheesy bean dip is super simple bean dip that you can make with just 5 ingredients and in less than 5 minutes.
Hard to think about a party without some good dip recipes. We like to have a variety like our 7 layer dip and Muhammara Dip (Roasted Red bell pepper dip) along with today’s favorite –Cheesy bean dip!!
This dip is great with your chips, quesadilla, breakfast burritos or with bowl of tortilla chips. You can also use it as dip for game day appetizer.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE BEAN DIP
This is one of the cheesy bean dips you can make without any preparations. Yes, just blending all the ingredients gives you delectable dip that too with just 5 ingredients.
- Refried beans : I used vegetarian version of refired beans; you can use homemade one also.
- Cream cheese : Make sure to use a room temperature one.
- Pickled Jalapenos : Yes, touch of heat in this cheese dip is from Pickled jalapenos and its juice.
- Mexican cheese : Use Fiesta blend Mexican cheese which comes with mix of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheese.
- Cotija cheese (optional – for a special kick)
Variations: This is a really a forgiving recipe, meaning you can adjust the ingredients to your liking, and it will always be tasty. Some variations include:
- Spicing it up by adding chiles and roasted red peppers.
- Use taco seasoning or hot salsa or hot sauce.
- Add ground beef or shredded chicken.
- You can add sour cream to make it tangier and creamier.
- If you do not have Mexican fiesta blend cheese, go ahead and change the cheese— sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack are both great choices
WHAT TO SERVE BEAN DIP WITH?
Here are our favorite items…
- Tortilla chips
- Pita Chips
- Breakfast burritos
- Scrambled eggs
COOKING and STORING TIPS
This recipe is made in stove top less than 5 minutes .
If you want this cheesy bean dip before your party and want in larger quantity, then cook in crock pot or slow cooker.
Slow cooker/ Crock Pot Instructions. Just mix everything together except the shredded cheese. Put half of the bean dip in the crock pot and cover with half of the cheese. Next, add the rest of the bean dip, and top with the remaining cheese.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the dip is heated through and the cheese is melted. When you ready to serve add cotija cheese.
If you like baked version, then combine everything and make it well mixed, and pour into an 8×8 pan and top with the shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes at 350° F.
HOW TO STORE?
Make ahead: You could make the dip ahead of time by just mixing all the ingredients together except the shredded cheese, and keeping it refrigerated until you are ready to cook or bake it. It would stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 or 3 days before baking.
Reheat: You can easily reheat leftovers in the microwave, or for a large amount, you can put in the oven at a low temperature until it is heated through.
If you make this cheesy bean dip share me with picture and @nidhinikhil on Instagram @zestysouthindiankitchen in Facebook.
Cheesy Bean Dip
- 1 cup refried beans
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup Shredded Fiesta blend cheese
- ½ tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno juice
- ½ tablespoon crumbled Cotija cheese
- In a saucepan add refried beans and stir occasionally and heat through about 5 minutes.
- Then add cream cheese to the beans and continue to stir combine. Once it is combined, reduce the heat to low and add cheese blend and stir until thoroughly combined and melted.
- Then add chopped pickled Jalapenos and jalapenos juice .
- When you are ready to serve add cotija cheese. If you like hot sauce then incorporate that too.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.