Delicious chocolate cherry muffins bursting with flavor.
Don’t you love cherry? I can get juicy cherries nowadays in the market. So they are in my grocery basket but not that cheap. Some time if you get it cheap, that is like jackpot. I wanted to make black forest cake for long time, so that is first recipe that came into my mind. But thinking how to eat the whole cake I skip making it most of time. Yesterday also I did the same and made these chocolate cheery muffins.
I don’t want eggless, butterless or something less recipe, I wanted to make authentic black forest recipe so I will wait until I get a time to make it. For the time being you can enjoy this chocolate cheery muffin. Cherry and chocolate goes hand in hand. There is no denying that this tart and sweet couple is destined to make a great dessert.
These are a simple treat and if you want, you can start the day with it or even end the day with it. I used baking chocolate along with cherries, you can use chocolate chips if you want. Chocolate is chocolate, whether it is chocolate chips or a bar.
Only thing I don’t like about cherries are its pit, finally I bought a cherry pitter to help me out. Now cheery pitting is really easy. Also I didn’t add any crumb topping or sugar in the muffins as I like to see the beauty of cherry and chocolate. If you want you can add that, but these chocolate cherry muffins are delicious by itself.
If you get hold of juicy cherries give this one a try. This is a simple pleasure you will cherish all the way. Here comes the recipe with no frills.
Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup chopped chocolate
- 1 cup fresh cherries halved pitted
- Pre-heat oven at 375F line the muffin tin with liner and set aside
- In a bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and mix well.
- In another bowl mix, oil, milk and almond extract and add it to dry ingredients and mix well.
- To this add chopped cherries and chocolate and lightly fold in. Then transfer to muffin tin and fill ¾ full.
- Top with more cherries and chocolate, bake at 375F for 15 minutes or a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to wire rack and cool it completely and enjoy.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.