Delicious chocolate red wine cupcake made with red wine, coca powder with orange butter cream perfect as date night dessert.
February is the month of celebration of love and Valentine’s Day falls on 14th of this month.
Have you tried adding red wine in your cupcake if not give it a try it will be delicious . I made this Chocolate red wine cupcake and with orange butter cream.
How to make this Chocolate Red wine Cupcake ?
You need following ingredients to make this
All purpose flour : I used unbleached all purpose flour. You can use bleached ones also.
Red wine : Good quality red wine. Most sweeter wine will be better
Dutch process cocoa powder
Leavener : Both baking powder and baking soda is used in this recipe.
Vanilla extract : Any good quality vanilla extract will work here
For orange butter cream
You need butter, orange zest, confectioner's sugar , vanilla extract and orange juice.
In a bowl mix dry ingredients first, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
After mixing everything
First cream the butter and granulated sugar and white sugar together
After creaming sugars and butter incorporate the egg
Incorporate Red wine into the batter.
Then mix in dry ingredients to form a silky smooth cupcake batter.
Transferred to prepared tin lined with cupcake liner and bake .
Once the cupcake is cooled top with orange buttercream frosting .
How this cupcake taste?
This cupcake is delicious but it is dense, it rise well while baking but it sunk little bit. Taste wise it is delicious you will go for the second bite without your knowledge. Yes chocolate and wine are perfect pairs.
If you like this red wine chocolate cupcakes you may like these too
Chocolate red wine cupcake with Orange butter cream for date night and Valentine giveaway
- 8 tablespoons 113 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup 145 grams firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup 50 grams white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup 177 ml red wine ( I used Merlot Josh Cellar)
- 1 teaspoon 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon 133 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ cup 41 grams Dutch cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Orange butter cream frosting
- 3 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until smooth. 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and yolk and beat well, vanilla then then the red wine and Vanilla
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together, right over your wet ingredients.
- Mix until ¾ combined, then fold the rest together with a rubber spatula.
- Fill the prepared pan with ¾th of batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. The top of the cake should be shiny and smooth, like a puddle of chocolate.
- Cool in pan on a rack for about 10 minutes cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack. This cupcake keeps well at room temperature or in the fridge.
Make the frosting.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and vanilla.
- Add enough orange juice to achieve frosting consistency.
- Frost the prepared cupcakes as much as you like.
- Enjoy the cake
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.