Delicious Chocolate truffle hemp cookies a triple chocolate, fudgey with chocolate bar, Chocolate chips, cocoa powder and protein from hemp seeds.
Baking chocolate cookies has become a routine in my house as two little chocolate lovers are always demanding those.
If you are looking for a ultimate chocolate lovers cookies then this is one.
This recipe is adapted from the recipe for Heart break chocolate truffle cookies in the book “Handmade Baking: Recipes to warm the heart Book” by Karman Siddiuqi. It is a really rich and is a more like a brownie than a cookie, with over dose of chocolate.
From the original recipe I reduced the amount of chocolate chips and add hulled hemp seeds. Thus cookies become chocolaty as well as protein rich. Yes Hemp seeds are super protein. They have all the amino acids required to make a protein.
Ingredients need to make Chocolate truffle hemp cookies
Chocolate : Uuse chocolate bars, Chocolate chips and Cocoa powder
Hemp seeds : Use hulled hemp seeds
Whole wheat pastry flour : You can susbstitute with all purpose flour too if you want.
Brown sugar : Brown sugar adds extract boost to the chocolate flavor.
After reading the health benefits of hemp seeds, I remembered my cytology class and protein structure and the name of twenty amino acids. I got some hemp seeds and products from Just Hemp Foods; they are so generous, and also provided with Hemp Seed Oil, Hemp Protein Powder, Hulled Hemp seeds and Toasted Salted Hemp seeds. I when searched about baking with hemp seeds, I came to know Hemp seeds can be used in the place of nuts. If you ask me the taste of hemp seeds, I will say mixture of pine nuts and chopped walnuts.
This chocolate cookie is rich fudgy, and tastes delicious. The added hemp seeds gave a nutty taste and pearl structure. I think you can have this even without heart break.
This is just a chocolate lover’s dream.
Only thing I found was that the batter was a bit soft, so I kept it in refrigerator before baking it and that gave me little hold while scooping out with spoon. Otherwise it is just simple. Give it try you will enjoy every bite.
How to make Chocolate triffle hemp cookies?
- First Melt the chocolate with butter .
- Mix dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
- In kitchen aid bowl add egg, brownsugar, vanilla extract and mix well
4. Mix in dry ingredients into wet ingredients
5. Add in chocolate chips, and hemp seeds
6. Bake and enjoy
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Just Hemp Foods. I received free product from the sponsor for participating in #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions are mine.
Hungry for more chocolate cookies ?
Chocolate truffle hemp cookies
- ½ cup/115 g unsalted butter
- 5 oz/140 g dark chocolate I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bar, Semi-Sweet Chocolate roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup/80 g whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder natural or Dutch-processed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ¾ cup/150 g packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups/220 g chocolate chips
- ¼ cups plus 1 ½ tablespoon /50g Hulled Hemp seeds I used Just Hemp Foods
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate bars and softened butter and heat high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and mix well if chocolate is melted well then continue heat for another 30 seconds. Once chocolate is melted set aside for cooling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. On low speed, beat in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the flour-cocoa mixture until just combined.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips and hemp seeds.
- Keep the prepared dough for in refrigerator for 5 minutes and scoop about 1 ½ tablespoon dough and place in prepared baking sheet about 3 in/7.5 cm apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking, until the cookies are crackly and the centers are still soft. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5minutes, or until it is cool to the touch. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool a bit before eating.
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, if you have any left over.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.