Delicious corn jalapeno soup, a creamy soup made with fresh corn, potato, and a hint of heat with Jalapeno.
This makes a good combination, you can make biscuits, bread, and sourdough bread. This is simple soup you can make fresh corn and jalapeno.
Health benefits of Corn
Jalapenos pepper adds useful source of fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B6. which is low in calories . It has a compound called capsaicin which is an alkaloid that has anti-inflammatory qualities. Known to and make it an effective supplement for promoting heart health.
How to make this Corn Jalapeno Soup
Corn : Fresh corn adds characteristic sweetness to the soup.
Potato : One small potato adds creaminess to the soup without any cream
Jalapenos : Adds spicy touch to the soup.
Salt : Bring out flavor to the soup
Vegetable broth : Homemade made without any salt added.
Pepper : Freshly ground pepper adds flavor and taste.
Olive oil : adds flavor and taste.
Butter : Adds buttery taste to the soup
Onion : Sweet red onions add little sweetness to the soup.
Milk : Adds extra creaminess to the soup.
Garlic cloves : Add flavor and taste to soup.
See recipe card for quantities.
First heat olive oil, butter in a pan. Then add onion, corn and jalapenos and cook until it get slightly roasted for 3 minutes.
Add everything in a blender
After processing everything add pepper
Transfer to soup pot
Use coconut oil for a diary free alternative.
And coconut milk or almond milk for diary in the recipe.
If you want heat add big jalapenos that too with seeds.
Tips for making this delicious Corn Jalapenos soup
For removing corn kernels from corn cob, hold the corn cob steady, use a sharp knife and make long downward strokes on the cob. This way you can for easily separate the kernels from the cob .
Use a deep bottomed pan as corn kernels will not fly everywhere.
When buying fresh corn always get ones with husk. The husk- free corn cob will not last it freshness for long time and gets spoiled soon.
You can make it vegan by skipping, butter and milk.
If you want a clear soup, you can strain the soup after blending everything.
Using roasted corn in the grill will give extra smoky taste to the soup.
For more spicier soup then use entire jalapenos . If you do not want heat , remove the seed, and use only the flesh.
For extra creaminess add heavy cream to the soup.
How to Serve this soup?
You can serve with some salad and fresh bread make it whole meal.
Soup is really tasty and great both as a hot or cold soup.
Hungry for more Jalapeno corn combo recipes ,
I made this soup as part of Soup with Corn Event by Saturday soup swappers
- Chicken and Corn Soup by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Thai Style Roasted Corn soup by Magical Ingredients
- Cream Style Corn Tomato Chatpata soup by Sneha’s recipe
- Corn Jalapeno Soup by Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- 5 can Vegetable Soup by A day in the life on the farm
Corn Jalapeño Soup
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 1 potato chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt use this if you are using homemade no salted added vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups No salted added
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup milk
- In a sauce pot add olive oil and butter and add corn, jalapenos , garlic, onion, and salt and cook for about 2-3 minutes . Keep 2 tablespoon cooked corn -jalapenos-garlic -onion mixture aside for topping.
- To this add potato and vegetable broth and cook until potato is soft, and corn cooked well.
- When it is cool to touch, blend it in high-speed blender.
- Then finally black pepper and mix well.
- While serving top the soup with corn-jalapeno garlic mixture you set aside. This will add a crunch to the creamy soup.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.