Delicious Cranberry Prosecco Margarita made with cranberry juice, fresh lime juice with cranberries. Great drink for casual evening or entertaining friends and family.
Both I and my husband like to drink margarita. Yes going out and drinking is not possible as I don’t have any baby sitter at home. So I make it at home and enjoy it some evenings.
My little ones will ask for apple juice. I learned mixing margarita from my friend, she had done bar attending earlier, so I know it is right way to mix cocktails.
I got a chance to review this VOVETI Prosecco which is from Italy, and decide to incorporate it into margarita as it is our favorite drink.
Since I can get fresh cranberries in the market, I decided to make a cranberry prosecco margarita.
I like fruity margarita than regular one even though purist will say it is not the real one.
Fruit imparts the sweetness and flavor to margarita, and you get a tasty drink.
How to make this Cranberry Prosecco Margarita ?
Kosher salt and lime juice for rim of glass
Lime for Lime wheel
Prosecco has nice, fragrant, crisp with touch of sweetness, marriage with lemon, tequila, Triple sac and sweet cranberry juice turned out to perfect. You can taste sweetness of fruit and as well as steely effervescence from the Prosecco.
Both I and husband agreed that this cranberry prosecco margarita will be an excellent addition as a party drink
Tips to Make this Margarita
Make sure to make ahead margarita mix and chill it in the refrigerator, when you are ready to serve prepare margarita glass with touch of lime and salt.
Fill half of the glass with cranberry margarita mix (about 3 ounce) and then finally add chilled Prosecco to make it tastier drinking experience.
If you are a cocktail lover and love to try new drink then try this drink. You will love it. Here comes the recipe.
Cranberry Prosecco margarita
- 3 ounce Tequila
- 3 ounce Triple Sec
- 1 ounce Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 4 ounce Cranberry juice
- 1 bottle of chilled VOVETI prosecco
- Kosher salt and lime juice for rim of glass
- 1 Lime wheel
- Fresh cranberries
- First make simple syrup using equal amount of sugar and water. You can keep this refrigerate for a week and use it in your favorite beverages.
- Make cranberry margarita mix, by mixing tequila, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice and put in shaker along with few lime slices and refrigerate until cold r at least 1 hour.
- Chill the VOVETI prosecco in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, pour enough salt into a saucer to cover the bottom. Rub a lime half over the rim of each Margarita glass and upend into the salt to crust it lightly.
- Pour about 3 ounces of the cranberry margarita mixture into each glass,
- Fill the rest of the way with VOVETI Prosecco and add a lime slice and few cranberries and severe to your guest.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.