I made this cream of orange bread this weekend, and it from the small book I got while winning my Red Star yeast giveaway. Hubby selected two bread recipes from it; one is the cream of orange bread and other one hearty rye bread. I will try that on soon. This bread includes orange juice and milk and also zest of orange and lemon. I used fresh orange juice, and while the bread was baking, the entire house was filled with citrusy smell. You don’t need any breeze candle to lighten up the room. I used new platinum yeast that I got as samples. It is new instant yeast from Red Star Yeast, and I love them. They worked very well. Nowadays I am more interested in Instant yeast as it doesn’t require any proofing.
This delicious super soft bread makes a great toast and also breakfast bread. I would love to start my day with this kind of bread from now on. So please try this you are going to love this.
If you try this bread please tag me instagram or facebook. This delicious cream of orange bread has goodness of citrus and creaminess of milk makes great toasting bread.
Cream of Orange Bread
- 3 cup/ 480g Bread flour I used King Arthur flour unbleached Bread flour
- 3 tablespoon/ 40g Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon/5g salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
- ½ cup / 103g Milk Heated to lukewarm
- 3 tablespoon/37g unsalted butter
- 2 ½ tablespoon water
- 1 packet/7g Platinum yeast: Red Star Yeast
- · Whisk the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the milk, butter, orange juice and water.
- · Mix until the ingredients come together, and then knead until it forms dough. Continue to knead and medium/high speed until the dough becomes smooth and elastic and no longer sticky. To test the dough, pull it until it forms sort of a thin membrane. This could take up to 18 minutes.
- · Place the dough into an oiled bowl or dough rising bucket, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise until doubled. First rise took 2 hours.
- · Once the dough is risen well, transfer to kneading board, deflate Take each piece and, using a rolling pin, roll out into a long oval shape. Fold the shorter sides of each oval over like an envelope, into sort of a square. Flip the squares over, and roll out into an oval again. Flip them back over, and roll into a roll/cylinder
- · .Arrange the dough in an oiled one-pound bread pan, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise to about ¾ of the height of the bread pan. It took about 1 hour.
- · Brush the loaf with the egg wash and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. If the top gets too brown, tent the loaf with foil while baking.
- · Remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Let it cool completely
- · Enjoy this bread makes a great toast.
If you like more sandwich bread
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.