Delicious cucumber bisque is chilled cucumber soup made with cucumber, plenty of herbs, avocado , lime and lemon and yogurt.
This Cucumber bisque/Cucumber soup. This soup is best served as chilled serve as an instant dinner, is one of the quiet rewards of hot summer days. Made with fresh cucumber, green chili, avocado and yogurt.
This cucumber bisque is adapted from Chef Kristin Sollenne’s new book “Domestic Chic,A Fashionably Fabulous Guide for Cooking & Entertaining celebrity chef Kristin Sollenne,
Here is my review about the Domestic Chic; book it has 4 chapters divided according to seasons, like winter wonderland, splendid spring, and summer sizzle and harvesting. Then again each chapter has dishes corresponding to events happening in those seasons, like New Year bash or for Valentine there is lover’s delight, for summer there is barbeque dishes etc. Each chapter has detailed menu which you can use to entertain the guest. I liked idea.
Also there list of all the produce of the seasons. Whether you are vegetarian or non vegetarian you will find the recipes; also there are bread recipes like panettone, Italian Easter bread. I am looking forward to trying, Lasagna Roll up, Meatless breakfast taco, Asparagus oreganata, Camembert gratin. I found that directions are explained in fewer words, and if you are not familiar you would need to guess the few steps while doing the recipe.
I tried Cucumber bisque from this book, it is delicious easy to make, actually it is a chilled cucumber soup.
How to make Cucumber bisque?
You need, cucumber, avocado, parsely, green chili, lime, lemon juice and yougrut.
I added a green chili to make it spicy , you can skip this green chili if you don’t want spicy.
Since I don’t have dill weed in hand I used parsley and cilantro instead.
On the whole if you are looking for a book that gives entire menu for the party then buy this book. It is available in Amazon.
“I received a complimentary copy of book from Waldorf Publishing for this review” All the opinions are mine
Fry onion and green chili ( if you don’t want heat, skip green chili )
Add all purpose flour
Then add chopped cucumber
Add vegetable stock/ broth
After veggies cooked
Blend with avocado, cilantro and lemon, lime juice
Cooked cucumber mixture
Pureed cucumber herb mixture.
Finally add salt and pepper and yogurt ( use non- diary yogurt for vegan) and serve chilled
- 3 cups of cucumber about 2 peeled, chopped into cubes
- 3/4 onion chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour if you are looking for gluten free try with tapioca flour
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green chili optional if you want spicy use it
- 10 oz/1 cup vegetables stockhomemade
- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste salt
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro/ coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt use non-diary yogrut for vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste freshly ground pepper
- * you can use 3 tablespoon dill weed instead of Cilantro and parsley.
- In a sauce pan heat oil and
- add chopped onion and green chili
- and fry until onion becomes translucent. Then add flour and mix everything .
- To this add chopped cucumbers and vegetable broth.
- Cook until the cucumbers is soft and it takes about 25-30 minutes in low flame.
- When it is cool enough to touch. Add avocado and lemon/lime juice in a blender along with parsley and cilantro or dill weeds if using.
- Grind everything into fine puree.
- Once it is chilled for some time add yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.