“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Snyder’s-Lance Inc, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Pop4Spirit http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
School is going to reopen this Wednesday, yes two and half months of vacation passed just like that. Today is we are going to meet her teacher for this year’s class. My daughter like to watch “Spirit Riding Free “series in Netflix. She is eagerly waiting for the season 6 which releases on August 17. This weekend both Mom & Daughter decided to spend some time doing things together before back to school. I made one savory Curry leaves popcorn and two sweet one churros popcorn and chocolate almond butter popcorn as treat using Pop Secret popcorn.
Here is the synopsis of “Spirit Riding Free”. Set during the 19th century in the small town of Miradero, Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Lucky, who had recently relocated from the city, encounters a wild kiger mustang named Spirit the horse is caught by wranglers and brought to be “broken” in Miradero. Lucky gradually bonds with the stallion and frees him. Lucky also meets two other girls, Pru and Abigail, who both own horses, Chica Linda, a palomino, and Boomerang, a pinto horse, respectively. They embark on everyday adventures across the land.
Any movie or series should accompany popcorn isn’t it. The kids even make their own popcorn in the microwave. Since I want to make it extra special for the movie date. I made this savory and sweet recipe with Pop Secret popcorn. Pop Secret popcorn are delicious and high quality snack which people can feel good > It has great butter taste.
You can buy Pop Secret popcorn from your local Walmart, they also you have few varieties to choose from. I bought Extra Butter Pop Secret Popcorn.
I made savory popcorn based on southern India cuisine of using curry leaves in our curries along with seasoning with mustard seeds, red chilies, and asafetida and turmeric. Curry leaves are earthy, aromatic and gives unique aroma to the finished dish. I don’t think there is any substitute to it.
My daughter loves sweet so for her, I made churros popcorn and it is without any addition of corn syrup, it has only sugar and cinnamon. Second one is chocolate almond butter popcorn, for this you need chocolate chips and almond butter. Within less than 30 minutes you can put together.
Once you made all these treats in less than 30 minutes, get ready to watch movie. If you made these treats let me know how it turned out for you.
So, plan a mom and daughter movie date night with these dishes, let celebrate “Go Back to School with Spirit”.
Curry leaves Popcorn and chocolate almond butter Popcorn for movie night date
- For Curry leaves Popcorn
- 1 packet of Popped Extra Butter Pop Secret Popcorn according to manufactures instruction
- 2 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 red chilies halved
- ¼ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon asafetida
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon butter
- For churros popcorn
- 1 packet of Extra Butter Pop Secret Popcorn
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon water
- Pinch of lemon juice
- For topping
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- For chocolate almond butter popcorn
- 1 packet of popped Extra Butter Pop Secret Popcorn
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond butter
- For curry leaves popcorn First heat butter and then add mustard seeds, red chilies then when mustard seeds pops add curry leaves, turmeric, asafetida and mix well. Add this to bowl containing popped extra butter Pop Secret Popcorn. Mix well so that curry leaves mixture gets coated all over the popcorn.
- For churros popcorn In a small bowl add 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and mix well and set aside. Add sugar and water and boil until sugar melts also add 2 drops of lemon juice and heat until sugar melt and caramelized then add cinnamon and mix well. Add this mixture to popped extra butter pop secret popcorn coat well then add cinnamon sugar mixture and coat that too and set aside.
- For chocolate almond butter popcorn Melt chocolate chips in microwave and set aside. Then microwave almond butter and set aside. Add this chocolate and almond butter mixture into popped popcorn and coat really well. Enjoy.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.