Delicious double chocolate banana bread which satisfy both banana bread and chocolate lovers with coca powder and chocolate chips
I prayed for rain, looks like it worked, we got heavy rain and thunderstorm on Sunday night. Having that that rain was great, but winds along with storm destroyed my three banana plants that were just flowering. Now I think when you pray for something you will get something too as bonus. I learned one more lesson of life. Coming to double chocolate banana bread, if you follow my blog you will know by that we are banana bread lovers; and whenever banana starts to brown I need to make banana bread.
Food blogger in me is always found a way to try new recipes, so hubby whenever says make banana bread, I will find something to change and make a new version so that I can blog about it. In this blog I have tried and tested about 10 version of banana bread. I had started my baking adventure with banana bread, since my kiddos love chocolate I made this double chocolate banana bread.
This recipe is only minimally sweet and if you want you can increase the sugar maybe by ¼ cup that is what my six year old told me. If you brown spotted bananas and want to finish it off then try this bread.
How to make chocolate banana bread
You need some cocoa powder, chocolate chips, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg. It is delicious really easy. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and finally fold in the chocolate chips, and bake this chocolate banana bread for 55 minutes to get easy best banana bread. I can tell you double chocolate banana bread is going be one of my favorite.
So if you are banana bread lover and a chocolate lover like my family, gives it a try, it won’t disappoint you. Here comes the recipe.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- kitchen scale
- Loaf pan
- 1 cup 125 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3 bananas very ripe
- ½ cup 115 grams butter, melted
- ¾ cup 145 grams light brown sugar (Use 1 cup if you want more sweetness )
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 170 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre- Heat your oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or spray it with a nonstick baking spray and lined with parchement paper for extra safety.
- Mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Then add in melted butter,
- then add, egg, and vanilla.
- then brown sugar
- Place baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flour and cocoa powder in a fine-mesh strainer and sift over and set aside in another bowl.
- Stir dry and wet ingredients with a spoon until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes
- , until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out batter-free.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert it out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The banana bread will keep for up to 4 days at room temperature. I keep mine wrapped in foil. It goes without saying that it has never actually lasted that long.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.