Delicious easy S’mores Cookies are made with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, marshmallow, and graham crackers
Summer and camping means S’mores. So instead of eating at campfires you can make them in cookie form; it is also easy to make, and kids will love it .
This S’mores Cookies has a chocolate chip cookie base with addition of graham cracker crumbs in dough as well as topping.
S'more is a shortened version of the phrase "some more". Earlier it is called as “Graham Cracker Sandwich". This treat is very popular with both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Ingredients to make S'mores cookies
Easy S’mores cookies are basically chocolate cookie dough with extra add on makes it s’mores.
- Flour : I used unbleached all-purpose flour, if you want you can use either mixture of whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch: I like to add cornstarch in chocolate chip cookie base as it makes chew cookies.
- Unsalted butter : if you are using salted butter make sure to cut back on salt. .
- Sugar – We use brown sugar as well as granulated sugar. Brown sugar adds moistness along with sweetness from granulated sugar.
- Egg - Eggs act as a binder in the the cookie dough, add moisture for easier rolling, and adds richness.
- Salt :I used sea salt; you can use your favorite salt.
- Leavener: Baking powder and baking soda give the cookies some rise and a wonderful texture.
- Vanilla extract :Always use pure vanilla extract. You can also use fresh vanilla bean paste
Then, you need the ingredients that turn them into s'mores cookies, which are:
- Chocolate : Chocolate bars or chocolate chips will work. I used a mix of both chocolate chips and chocolate bar. For a real s'mores flavor, add some chopped Hershey's milk chocolate bars in the mix just like I did.
- Marshmallows : Use mini marshmallows in the S’more cookies . That too you need to tear them into pieces prevent a blowout in the cookies.
- Graham crackers : In order to get extra s’more, taste I like to add them in the dough as well as topping. Means crushed ones in the top and crumbs in the dough .
Step by Step instructions to make S'more cookies
First mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda ,salt in a a bowl
To this add crushed graham cracker crumbs. This will give extra boost to cookies
Cream butter, sugars ( both granulated sugar and brown sugars ). Then add egg and vanilla extract.
while incorporating dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, use hand mixer in beigining . Then fold in Choocolate chips, chocolate bars and marshmallows. I like to use this Slicone spatula .
If you want, you can use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon : I think cinnamon will goes well with S’ more cookies as it has graham crackers . You can use it instead of vanilla extract or if you want use both.
- If you don’t want to add marshmallows in the dough you can simply place a big marshmallow on the top of cookies and broil them for 60 seconds and place Hershey’s kiss.
If you like this cookies you can also try this Brownie crunch kitchen sink cookies on my website!
Always use a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, that way you avoid spilling.
Use 2 tablespoon dough to make normal sized cookies or use 3 tablespoons to bigger sized one.
This cookie will remain fresh in airtight container for 4 days.
You can freeze the dough and make cookies after thawing them. Shape them into ball and freeze first on baking sheet. Then once it is firm to touch transfer to plastic bag and freeze up to 3 months.
Tips to make perfect cookies
Always measure the flour correctly. I like to use weight in gram so that it will get consistently results every time.
Use mini marshmallows and tear or cut them into pieces as they are even bigger for the cookies.
Always try to top cookies with graham cracker piece, marshmallows, and Hershey’s bar. This will be nice for both look and taste.
Easy S’mores Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups /194g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon / 1g baking powder
- ½ teaspoon /2g baking soda
- 1 teaspoon /2g corn starch
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup /50g granulated sugar
- ½ cup /80g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows divided
- 3- ounce Hershey's Chocolate bar
- 5 / 70g Graham crackers
- Crush 4 graham crackers into fine crumbs and roughly chop rest of Graham crackers and Hershey's bar into small pieces.
- Tear the mini marshmallows in half. This will help to prevent blowout in the cookies.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch in a bowl then whisk together to this add graham cracker crumbs and mix well once again and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter and both granulated sugar and white sugar in a bowl until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and until combined. Scrape the bowl down and mix once more.
- To this gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed until just combined.
- Set aside few torn marshmallows, chocolate bar and graham cracker pieces. Then fold in remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips . Use spatula here thus you won’t over beat the dough.
- Heatoven to 350°F. Portion out roughly two tablespoon sized pieces of dough.Roll into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing about 2inches apart.
- Top the cookie dough with reserved graham cracker, Hershey’s bar, and marshmallowpieces.
- Bakeat 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until sides are lightly brown
- Leave it in the pan to cool completely. Don’t try to take it out as it will still soft.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.