Delicious breakfast cheese croissant made with egg, turkey sausage, roasted veggies and provolone cheese an easy and simple dish.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #JimmyDeanHeatNServe
If you are looking for an easy and delicious breakfast sandwich, you don’t have to go to a fast-food joint or a crowded pancake house. You can make it on your own at home and one that’s even better! Not only that, it’s considerably less expensive and is bigger than any fast food chain’s breakfast sandwich. Grab Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Turkey Sausage Patties, croissant, egg, and provolone cheese. Your breakfast is ready in a matter of seconds. You serve it as sit down breakfast or just wrap it and make it on the go.
I like to to shop at my local HEB because I can get a great selection of fresh produce, fish, meat and frozen items. Since I want to make this breakfast croissant sandwich family-friendly, I bought Mini croissant from the HEB bakery too. In the frozen section you can grab Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Turkey Sausage Patties, Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Original Sausage Links. Yes, I used Turkey Sausage patties for this recipe and original sausage links to use some other day for breakfast. If you want, you can buy Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve original sausage patties and turkey sausage links too. Why wait? Go to your nearest HEB and buy your favorite Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve sausage patties and links. Download the HEB app and get a digital coupon for $ 2 off one Jimmy Dean Heat ‘n Serve sausage product from 9/9 to 10/13 (while supplies last).
Tips for the Perfect Breakfast Croissant Sandwich
If you planning to toast the croissant slice it into half and toast it in the oven. Makes scrambled eggs you can add milk to make it rich, but I like to make with only a touch of pepper, turmeric, and salt. Make sure to follow the instruction on how to heat up Jimmy Dean Heat ‘N Serve Turkey Sausage patties in the microwave. Also, roast the veggies, I used yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper and onion with olive oil, little salt, and pepper. I used provolone cheese; you can go with your favorite, even cheddar works well too. If you want, you can add mayonnaise, but I think buttery croissant is enough with cheese on the top.
Are you like me, I prefer Croissant over bun any day for a tasty breakfast? This sandwich is a special treat as it has layers for flavors going in. Get the kids involved and start a sandwich assembly line. Try this breakfast sandwich recipe this weekend…it’s sure to become a new family favorite.
Egg, Turkey Sausage, Roasted Veggies And Provolone Cheese Croissant
- For Scrambled eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp milk or water optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
- For roasting the veggies
- ½ of red onions cut into slices
- ½ of red bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ of yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ tsp pepper.
- For the croissant
- 6 mini croissants
Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Turkey Sausage Patties http://cbi.as/a3ew5
- 6 provolone cheese slices
- Roasted veggies
- Scrambled eggs.
- Preheat oven to 425°Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the veggies and onion in separate layers, add pepper, salt, and olive oil and mix well and spread it into a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes and then stir vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes more and then check for doneness. If peppers are very brown in spots and fragrant, remove from oven. If not, stir vegetables, roast for 5 to 10 minutes more and then check again. You can make this a day ahead. Just warm them the next day if you want.
- For scrambled eggs, break them into a bowl with a tablespoon of water or milk, salt, turmeric and pepper. Use a fork or whisk to beat the eggs briskly for 30-60 seconds, making sure the eggs are fully broken up and mixed well with the seasonings. The more you whip it is always better. Lightly grease your hot skillet, coating the surface with a thin layer of oil then add egg mixture. Make sure the stir them with wooden or silicone spatula to get a uniform texture. Turn off the heat when the eggs are 90% cooked. When the eggs are done, serve immediately. Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs are moist but not runny, with no crisp or brown edges.
- Assemble the Croissant. Cut the croissant into two halves and if you want, you can toast, then place the scrambled eggs on the top. Then place Jimmy Dean® Heat ‘n Serve -Turkey Sausage Patties (heated according to the manufacturers instructions). Then roasted veggies and cheese. When your veggies, patties, and eggs are warm cheese will melt easily. Enjoy delicious and simple breakfast in few minutes.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.