Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancake/Crepe
Adapted from here and here
Prep Time 20 minutes + overnight for fermentation
Day before making
- Mix everything in a plastic container and set aside with lid closed for overnight fermentation in Refrigerator.
On the Day of Making Crepe
1 cup warm milk ( I used 2 %)
⅓ cup Sour Cream ( I used full fat)
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Ghee/ Melted butter
2 egg yolk
2 egg white
½ teaspoon sugar
- Heat milk in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute add sour cream, 1 tablespoon of ghee and salt. and mix everything to combine well and set aside
- Take out the dough of buckwheat flour and yeast from the refrigerator and set aside for about 1 hour to bring it to room temperature.
- In the meantime beat the egg white with ½ teaspoon sugar to stiff peak and set aside.
- Add egg yolk, sour cream-milk-salt-ghee mixture to fermented buckwheat flour and mix well.
- Gradually fold in the egg white and mix everything to form loose pancake batter.
- Heat a skillet in the stove add a drop of ghee brush well to spread everywhere. To this add ¼ cup of batter and by swirling the pan get batter to spread it into a round crepe.
- Cook for about 1 minute on side and flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Continue to make crepe until you finish the entire batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, Sour Cream and apple. I think maple syrup is best.
- If you want you can add sour cream along with yeast.
I am linking this healthy crepe/pancake to Hearth and Soul Blog hop Hosted here.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.