This post has been compensated by The Women Bloggers, LLC. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #RedBaronGameTime #WingMama
Weekend means football nowadays, and I also like to make easy and bite size dishes for the Foot ball game. We love to watch Texans game. If you are not cheering for the home team then what is good is it. To enjoy the game I bought Red Barron’s Deep Dish Singles and Deep Dish Minis from Sam’s Club,and decided to make it as grilled pizza. To go with it made a simple salad.
For this game pizza party you don’t need to work really hard only shop at Sam’s Club and grab RED BARON ® Deep dish Singles which comes in 12 in a pack 6 of them are Four Cheese pizza and rest are pepperoni pizza. While RED BARON ® minis come in 32 packs. Before start of your favorite game fire up the grill and grill the pizza singles and minis that way both kids and adult can enjoy. I love to shop at Sam’s club, best part is that lots of times you can even taste a sample before you buy it.
If you want to make it a complete game meal throw in some salad and queso dip go with it. I made a spring mix salad with balsamic vinaigrette. So simple make a dressing with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix with spring mix, grapes, orange bell pepper and apple slices. Serve with your favorite drinks. I served with water and Sprite as kids like Sprite a lot.
Since we are doing grilling pizza for the first time it has been a learning curve yes you need to grill pizza only on the no coal side of the grill yes heat from the other side is just enough to cook the pizza about 10-12 minutes according to your grill. Best part is that they taste delicious when it comes out of the grill and warm.
If you planning a football party or any other game party or even fall gathering try to buy grab RED BARON ® pizza single and minis and fire up the grill and make grilled pizza and salad to go with it .
Grilled Deep dish pizza and spring mix salad
- For pizza
- 6 RED BARON ® Deep dish Singles
- 4 RED BARON ® minis
- For Spring Mix salad
- 2 cup loosely packed spring mix leaves
- 1 small gala apple sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper cut it into strips
- ¾ cup red grapes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- First fire up the charcoal grill and grill the pizza on the no-coal side. As heat from the other side is enough to cook the pizzas. It takes about 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- For salad
- First combine all the ingredients for dressing and mix well and set aside.
- Then in another bowl add spring green mix, apple, orange bell pepper and red grapes. To this add dressing and mix well and enjoy.
- Serve warm pizza and pizza minis with salad.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.