This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MorningStarFarms #MakeRoomOnYourGrill
This content is intended for readers 21+
If you are looking for a weekend cookout or everyday dinner meal solutions, then here’s a lighter version of the pocket sandwich: with new grilled MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burger served in a pita with a flavorful and yogurt tahini sauce. Make it a great meal with extra dose of veggies like cucumber, tomato, onion, olives etc. If you wish you can wash it down with your favorite wine or drinks of choice. Best part of this deal is you can get this new Veggie Lovers burgers at your local Walmart.
Do you know MorningStar Farms® is a perfect, healthier meal solution for any occasion. Whether it’s meatless Monday, a summer barbeque, or kicking off football season, MorningStar Farms® has options that everyone will love, and now with no artificial ingredients, made with non-GMO soy, and vegan options. I used their new Veggie Lovers Burger which is packed with 12 different veggies, 2 seeds & 2 grains, plus 10 grams of Plant Based Protein. There is a Meat Lovers Burger too, A “beef-like” taste and texture that packs 27 grams of positive Plant Based Protein.
The MorningStar Farms Burger Bar. Truck will be driving around to visit Walmart stores around the country, click below to see if they are coming to a Walmart near you!
You don’t need to work hard to make this recipe that is the fun part, just grab Veggie Lovers Burger from the freezer aisle of your local Walmart along with rest of produce and pita bread. Then fire up your grill and grill Veggie Lovers Burger until you get grill mark on both side. Only thing you need to make it is the yogurt tahini sauce which is simple too.
With one Veggie Lovers Burger you can make two pita sandwiches. Yes, you need to cut it into two, and fill the pita pocket with veggie lovers burger, lettuce and rest of veggies and olives. You can incorporate your own favorite veggies. This makes great complements to veggie lovers burger and make it wholesome meal.
Summer means firing up the grill and good barbecue, so why wait, you can do that too with this tasty new Veggie Lovers Burger. Enjoying good food in the sun is always fun. Why wait, fire up the grill and make this delicious pita pocket sandwiches. Please look for this Ibotta offer of $.40 on purchase of MorningStar Farms Frozen veggie burger.MorningStar Farms Frozen Veggie
Grilled Veggie Burger Pita with Yogurt Tahini Sauce
- For Grilled Veggie burger pita
- 4 grilled MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burger
- 4 pitas about 6-inches in diameter, warmed sliced into two
- Yogurt Sauce recipe follows
- 1 large tomato sliced into cubes
- 1/4 onion sliced into cubes
- ½ cucumber sliced into cubes
- 3 tablespoon olives slices
- 3 tablespoon Feta cheese crumbled
- Yogurt Tahini Sauce:
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons finally chopped mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- For Yogurt tahini sauce
- Process everything in a food processor or blender into fine puree and set aside.
- Grill the grilled MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burger until you see the grill mark on both sides.
- Make a veggie mixture by mixing onion, cucumber, tomato, olives and salt and feta cheese.
- For the sandwich
- Place half of Grill the Veggie Lovers Burger into each pita, fill with veggie mixture and then top with a dollop of Cucumber Yogurt Sauce and enjoy with your favorite drink.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.