Delicious dark chocolate sprinkle cookies with special dark cocoa powder make it perfect for cute and spooky Halloween treat.
These Halloween sprinkle cookies are easy to put together you can use any chocolate cookie recipe. If you use Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder you will able to get that dark spooky color.
If you are looking for simple at the same time delicious cookies for Halloween then here is the one for you. Using special dark cocoa powder gives black colored cookies.
How to make this Halloween sprinkle cookies?
You need following ingredients to make this cookies.
Unsweetened cocoa powder Make sure to use Hershey’s special dark coca powder to gives the nice dark color.
Salt : Skip this if you are using salted butter
Unsalted butter : Always try to use room temperature butter
Light brown sugar : gives extra moistness to cookies
Egg: Act as a binder as well as gives moistness to the cookies
Vanilla extract adds flavor to the cookies
First in a bowl make dry ingredients with flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder
Then cream the sugars and butter together
Add egg to this creamed sugar and butter mixture.
To this add vanilla extract and combine well
Then add dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
Once the dough is formed make them into small balls and roll them into your favorite Halloween Sprinkles.
Bake at 350F for 8 minutes
Cookies will be ready.
You can make other sprinkles or M and M instead of Halloween sprinkles
If you like nuts you can add chopped walnuts.
If you are planning for Halloween party you can check these recipes
Halloween Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter , at room temperature
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup multicolored sprinkles I used Halloween decor
- 2 tablespoon ghost and pumpkin sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line one or two baking sheets with slipat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. ( you can sift them if you feel lumpy)
- In the bowl of your KitchenAid with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium until light and fluffy for 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg,
- then the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients a little at a time, beating until just combined.
- Chill cookie dough for 10minutes. Using a small cookie scoop, make a ball of cookie dough and then roll it into sprinkles
- and place it on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes (rotating your cookie sheet(s) halfway) or until the edges of the cookies are set. The centers may look a bit underdone – but they will finish baking on the cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets. Remove the cookies from the sheets and allow to cool completely,on a wire rack.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.