Delicious Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte great treat for you.
Cooking with pumpkin usually start in my case only on October. However this year I too started early, maybe I am tempted by all pumpkin and fall related things I see in grocery stores. Yes Halloween stuff has already been put up in every store. I like pumpkin spice a lot and pumpkin spice latte is my favorite. Never tried it at my home, so last weekend I made this pumpkin spice latte.
While growing up India I knew only the original flavor of coffee that is coffee flavor. Never did my mom try to make anything different than the original flavor. Here I can get whatever flavor I wish. Still I like only a few flavors, and this pumpkin spice version is one of them
It is the combination of Espresso and milk and tinted with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg and clove to create this fall favorite. Enjoy it topped with whipped cream and real pumpkin pie spices. I think homemade version is always best, as I made everything from the scratch I know what is going in it.
This pumpkin spice latte is really easy to make. All you need is milk, pumpkin puree, and homemade pumpkin spice. For me and hubby I didn’t add any sugar. You can add it if you want your favorite sweetener.
Fall means pumpkin and the color changes of leaves; however in Texas you can hardly see any color change and only thing to see are the crazy Halloween ideas by my kiddos. Yes they have already planned the costume ideas on what to wear during Halloween. Then there is Pumpkin spice latte advertisement in TV. So if you are cook who want to make something then it is great idea to try this pumpkin spice latte just like me. I didn’t use any half and half and only used milk and instant espresso powder to make this drink. If you don’t have it in your hand grab about ½ cup of freshly brewed coffee from your coffee machine. I don’t use coffee machine so often the instant coffee comes to my rescue.
Here comes delicious pumpkin spice latte with everything from scratch. Why wait then get start making.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
For Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ cup 4 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso*)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe in the notes
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or more is depending upon your sweetness. I didn't used it
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
For Homemade pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground all spice
- * If using instant expresso coffee powder you need to use 11/2 teaspoon for ½ cup of water
- If using instant coffee powder you need to use 1-2 tablespoon for ½ cup of water
- Make homemade pumpkin spice by mixing all ingredients together and store it in a air tight container.
- In sauce pan heat milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Using a blender, blend until smooth (or whisk well with a wire whisk).
- Pour into mugs, add the hot espresso
- and top with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.