Delicious baked Jalapenos Poppers made with double cheese , sharp cheddar and cream cheese, spices and green onion Great appetizer for game day.
We love Jalapenos poppers from Jack in the Box. Yes it was one of my cravings while I was pregnant with my son. Whenever we got a chance we would buy them. However I like them making at home as I can control what is in it. Especially I love the Jalapenos popper’s with double cheese a lot.
I have earlier tried jalapenos popper’s which is made with cream cheese and onion as filling. Here is the blog post on this; yes it requires new pictures as my photographic skills were at infancy at that time. Now I think I graduated to toddler’s still many more to go. I think life itself is learning phase, so there is plenty of time to learn and improve. I will do that once I make jalapenos next time. It is tasty and we liked it. However this is a new version, which has both cheddar cheese and cream cheese along with green onions. The filling itself is delicious and tasty. This version of jalapenos poppers is adapted from here. I made few changes by increasing more cheddar cheese and also using chili powder rather paprika.
Indian friends, if you are wondering what is jalapenos popper’s, then Jalapeño poppers are jalapeño peppers that have been hollowed out, stuffed with a mixture of cheese, spices, and sometimes ground meat which is breaded and deep fried. But I love to bake rather than deep fry them, as it is healthier. If you want to make traditional style of baked version then try my original jalapeno poppers there I used whole peppers and if you want less spicy version try this one as it used split peppers.
So give it try next time when you find jalapenos in your super market, along with some cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, egg and panko bread crumbs. You can make this in 45 minutes. Here comes the recipe.
Jalapenos poppers with double cheese: Baked
- 6 jalapeño peppers sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 medium scallions green part only, sliced
- 2 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise
- and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
- Dip peppers with cheese mixture in egg mixture( 1 egg + ¼ cup water slightly beaten)
- Place pepper in panko mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn't fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spray a baking pan with oil spray. I lined my pan with nonstick aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Serve hot.
I am linking this delicious poppers to these linky parties.0
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.