Chana dal sundal /Split chick peas Salad
¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
⅛ cup fresh grated coconut
Soak the chana dal/split chick peas for half an hour and pressure cook them with 2 cup of water. Until 4 -5 whistle or 25 minutes. Drain the excess water using a colander and set aside.
In a small skillet, heat olive oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, halved red chilies, when mustard seeds starts popping add cooked chana dal, grated coconut and salt. Mix everything and serve warm.
Delicious and healthy protein packed snack.
- Instead of chana dal you can use your favorite lentils to make this preparation.
Swerve natural Sweetener is offering one of lucky reader this blog following goodies which includes 2 lb swerve sweeteners, baking kit and lunch box.
To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment telling me what would you make with Swerve sweetener.
For additional entries (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
In order to be include in the giveaway you need to
- Like Zesty South Indian Kitchen in Facebook and leave the comment you did so in the comment area.
- Follow Zesty South Indian Kitchen at Google connect
- Follow Zesty South Indian Kitchen in Twitter and re tweet this post
- Friend with me at Google plus and leave the comment in comment area
- Like Swerve on Facebook and leave a comment in comment area
- Follow Swerve on twitter and leave a comment you did so in the comment area
- Pin this post and leave a link to the pin in the comment area
The giveaway is opened to US residents only as I am taking care of shipping charge.
You should be 18 years of age.
Giveaway will be open until Wednesday November 21st at 11.59 pm CST. The winner will be choose via random.org and will be contacted via email.
Swerve is giving away a Blue KitchenAid mixer Carolyn’s Blog.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.