Cook time; 26 minutes
Yield: 4 serving Ingredients 3 cups Chopped Kappa/Cassava root( Peeled skin and chopped into 1 inch pieces )
3 cups Water
2 teaspoon coconut oil
3 tablespoon Chopped Onion
3 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
1/2 tablespoon Urad dal/Split black gram
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 Red chilies
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Salt How I made
- Peel the skin of cassava root/kappa then cut into 1 inch pieces along the sides so that central vein will be easy to remove. Wash 3-4 times in running water to remove extra starch oozing out of the cassava.
- In a medium sauce pot add cassava/kappa and 3 cups water and add salt and water and cook for 20 minutes or until it is done well. Drain the water and set aside.
- In the meantime pulse, grated coconut, red chili and garlic two three times in a blender and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, urad dal and when mustard seeds starts crackle add onion and curry leaves fry the onion for about 4 minutes and then add cooked kappa/cassava.
- To this add pulsed coconut mixtures and mix well and cook for another 1- 2 minutes.
- Enjoy with any spicy relish or spicy fish curry.
I am linking this delicious recipe to Hearth and Soul Blog Hosted Here.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.