Delicious and traditional Karingali Vellam/ChukkuVellam/Dahashamani/ herbal drinking water with various herbs and spices.
What is Karingali vellam
This is not available in US, and the only way to get it during a visit to India. I have also asked my friends who were visiting Kerala to get it from there.
Ingredients of Karingali vellam
- Helps relieve indigestion, gas pains, diarrhea and stomach cramping.
- To treat nausea related to both motion sickness
- Managing circulatory disorders.
- Because of its cineole content, it helps to enhance mood and relieve stress.
- Act as Mouth freshener.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Help break fevers by warming the body and increasing perspiration.
- You can read more from here.
- It is used to treat respiratory and digestive ailments.
- Treat Bad breath and tooth decay.
- Helps to control blood sugar levels, bad cholesterol, aids in digestion and helps regulate the digestive organs, and may help prevent allergies as well as cancer.
- Helps to improve tummy troubles of all kinds from indigestion to flatulence to diarrhea.
- Diuretic, anti-oxidative, thirst quenching, anti-bacterial and tonic properties.
- It is also blood purifying and is a good drink for persons with diabetes.
- It cures jaundice, cough, respiratory problems, etc.
- It also produces a valued type of reddish dye called brazilin, used for dyeing fabric as well as making red paints and inks
- Used to keep drinking water fresh and cold.
- Supposed to have many properties like action against cancer cell growth, anxiety, stress, heart problems, thyroid problems etc.
- ¼ tsp Powdered Dahashamani
- 1 Gallon Water
- Boil water in the pot and add the dahashamani powder, and boil.
- Drink warm or cold as required .
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.