You need only 4 ingredients to make this delicious ladoo.
Roasted Dalia/split chickpeas : This is no cook recipe you need to use roasted dalia/split chickpeas.
Sugar: Granulated white sugar is added as sweetner
Ghee: It is the binding agent in this recipe.
Roasted salted cashew nuts : You can use roast cashew nuts if you don't have roasted salted cashew nuts in hand.
Cardamom: is the spice is mostly used in Indian sweets.
- 1 Cup Roasted chickpeas/Dalia/Pottukadala
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon Ghee/Clarified butter
- 3 Cardamom pods
- ¼ cup Roasted salted Cashews chopped
- n a small skillet or microwave melt the ghee. In the same pan roast the cashews and set aside. You can skip this step if you are using roasted cashew nuts.
- Powder roasted chickpeas and sugar and sieve one or two time to remove the any chunks.
- In bowl add both roasted chickpea flour and powdered sugar mix gradually with melted ghee and roasted cashews and crushed cardamom if using.
- Try to make tight balls, if you find difficulty in making balls add more ghee.
- Once you made all balls transfer to airtight container and enjoy as much as you wish.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.