Mango cardamom muffins, delicious, exotic and aromatic goes well for any breakfast or snack ideas. give it a try you will like it
You can call me mango maniac. Yes crazy about mango, every time when I visit the store I will grab some mango whether it is a dollar for one or 33 cents for one. I would like to incorporate mango in bakes nowadays, as I have tried most of mango recipes in traditional Indian cuisine. First thought of making Mango cookies in line with jackfruit cookies, then skipped that idea. Decide to try these mango cardamom muffins.
This recipe is inspired from Little Flower Baking: Christine Moore, Staci Valentine, Cecilia Leung . I like it because they are selling these in their bakeries. If they can make a living with it, then it should be delicious.
There is famous sweet shop in south India doesn’t even have a name or fancy ads, still people stand in queue for about 2 hours to buy the items. So decide to try this muffin.
Actually in the cook book if you are looking for a mango cardamom muffin recipe you won’t find it. But you can find a Peach cardamom muffins, she also mentioned that we can use any stone fruit to make it.
So I settled with mango as my favorite fruit. Again I adjusted little bit, I made only half of the recipe as not sure my kids will like it or not. Also instead 1 ½ eggs I used only 1 egg and skipped the streusel type of crisp topping.
Even after my little modifications, muffins turned out are so delicious. You can’t stop eating with one sure you are going next one.
How to make Mango Muffins
It is simple recipe just mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and mix wet ingredients in a kitchen aid bowl. Then add fresh mango pieces and fold in. Then top with some extra mango. You will love it, here comes the recipe.
Mango cardamom muffins
- 1 cup 125g all purpose flour
- ¼ cup 53g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon 28g brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup 60g butter (unsalted melted)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 6 no cardamom pods skin removed and seed crushed into fine powder
- 2/3 cup chopped mango
- Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with 6 liner
- In a bowl sift flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of Kitchen aid mixer fitted with whisk attachment combine egg, sour cream, vanilla extract and mix at low speed.
- Drizzle melted butter into the mixture while mixer is running low speed until everything combined well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix at low speed until it just combined, do not over mix even if there is little dry bits is there that is fine.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and just fold in the ¾ of mango slices using rubber spatula.
- Fill each muffin mold with 2/3 full batter. Then top with rest of the mango.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and then rotate the pan and continue to bake until tooth pick comes out clean about 7 minutes more.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.