Delicious mango cheesecake tart is made with short crust pastry and fresh mango puree and cream cheese and topped mango slices.This shop has been compensated by Thyme &Table. All opinions are mine alone #WhatAGoodThyme
Mango always reminds me of spring and summer vacations to me. I have a profound weakness for Mango, so, whenever I see them at the grocery store they end up in grocery cart. I decided to make this beautiful mango cheesecake tart using my new kitchen tool collection set from Thyme & Table which we can get from Walmart.
The two aisles in Walmart that I never fail to visit every trip even if I had just gone to pick up some milk is the Kitchen tool section, and their baking pan aisle. My hubby says nothing will change from every week’s visit to that aisle. But this time is he is wrong I have seen Thyme & Table kitchen tools in my local Walmart. They are unique and useful kitchen tool selections, yes, their spatulas come with beautiful design on side and have measurement on other side. This is helpful while measuring ingredients for baking. I fell in love with the copper ladle, spoon and turner. They have everything whether it is knife, grater, or measuring spoon, cups etc.
Copper winged corkscrew is perfect to open your favorite wine bottle. My son was helping me in zesting the lime using small grater for making the mango cheesecake tart crust.
If you are looking forward to upgrading old kitchen tools, or to give a newlywed as housewarming gifts buy Thyme and Table kitchen tools. Sometime getting gifts for yourself is fun as you get newer tools. Or if you gift these tools to your friends or loved ones they will remember you every time they use it. Here is the short video I made with my collection of Thyme and table kitchen tools.
Coming to recipe for mango cheesecake tart, I made shortbread crust pastry for the tart, and used lime zest in the crust, and then filled the crust with mango cheese cake filling.
Fillings were made with cream cheese, heavy cream and off course fresh mango puree. I want mango element in everything not only in the topping. Then topped with perfectly sliced mango slices with help of Thyme and Table knife and chop board. They are very sharp, so please handle with care.
Make sure to buy sweet mango to make this tart. Next time when you shop at Walmart, take the time to stop and buy Kitchen tool collection from Thyme and Table and grab some fresh mango to make this dessert.
I am sure you will love both.
Mango cheesecake tart
- Sweet shortcrust pastry You will use only half for this recipe
- 2 ½ cups / 300g all purpose flour +extra for dusting
- ¾ cup/ 90g confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon/200g unsalted butter cold cut into small cubes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 teaspoon cold water
- For Mango cheesecake filling
- 80 z cream cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mango puree about 1 Ataulfo mango
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup/70 g confectioners sugar
- 3 ataulfo mango skinned, pitted and cut ¼ inch pieces
- To make sweet shortcrust pastry
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt and mix well. To this add butter, lemon zest and mix well until everything reaches bread crumb consistency. To this add egg yolk and water and mix until everything comes together as dough. Then transfer to lightly floured surface and knead well to form a ball. Divide the dough into two and slight flattened as disc and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Lightly grease 9 inch tart pan, and lightly flour the surface and spread dough into 13 inches /33 cm wide and ⅛ inch /3 mm thick. Drape the pastry over the pan and gently press it into place filling any cracks and trim the sides if needed. Refrigerate the pastry for another 30 minutes to rest and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C and line pastry pan with parchment paper covering the base and sides and fill with rice or dried beans. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove the rice and paper and bake uncovered for another 6-7 minutes or until sides are golden and dry. Set aside for until you make filling.
- For mango cheesecake filling
- In a bowl add cream cheese, heavy cream, mango puree and sugar and beat well until everything becomes thick mixture. Transfer the mixture into prepared tart pan. And arrange with mango slices starting from outside to inside overlapping each other. For center keep mango slice slightly roll it into rose shape. Enjoy slightly chilled.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.