This is simple mango ice cream you can made with goodness of fresh mango. You need only few ingredients to make this delicous ice cream.
My kids are crazy for ice creams; now my 19 month old too comes near the freezer and asks for ice cream and says “open me”. It means you have to open the freezer and give him the ice cream that he wants. They were happy to finish the entire bowl that I had made within a few days. I was looking to buy an ice cream maker for a long time. I had not bought it, because my hubby would always ask “will you make ice creams or you want to make it to be another kitchen ornament”.
But when my friend Suja of Kitchen Corner Try It told me that she had bought one and made homemade peach ice cream. I also wanted to get one and try my own creations. On my trip to Kohl’s I told my hubby that I wanted to buy an ice cream maker. He asked me are you serious? Yes I am, I replied. Then we bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker.
Here comes my first homemade ice cream.
Mango Ice cream with touch of cardamom
- 2 large mangoes peeled, seed removed and cubed (approximately 3 cups chopped fruit and 2 ½ cup puree)
- ¾ cup sugar
- Juice of one lime freshly squeezed - approximately 1 ½ tablespoon (Lime is used to bring out the flavor of mango and other fruits)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 pods of cardamom
- ¾ cup milk I used 2% milk
- In a blender puree the mango, ¼ cup sugar, cardamom and lemon juice until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and milk with the remaining ½ cup sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the pureed mango. Do not beat. Just stir gently to mix in.
- Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
Mango Ice cream with Ice cream maker
- Transfer the mango-milk cream mixture to ice cream maker and churn. Mix about 25-30 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions.
Mango Ice Cream without Ice cream Maker
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the ice cream mixture into a wide, airtight container and put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour then place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Beat ice cream mixture with an electric mixer until smooth. Put it back in the freezer for 40 minutes - then beat with an electric mixer. Repeat "40 minute freeze-then-beat cycle" 3 times. You can either beat ice cream mixture every 40 minutes until frozen or let ice cream mixture freeze on its own.
- Serve as much you wish.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.