Delicious Mexican Grilled Street Corn with touch of creamy mayo sauce with salty cojita cheese and spices great with touch of lime.
Mexican Grilled Street Corn
- 4 ears of Fresh Corn
- ¼ cup Mayo I used Kraft Mayo with olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. plain yogurt I used homemade
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup grated cotija cheese
- ½ tsp. chili powder or cayenne powder for added heat
- 1 lime cut in 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Carefully pull down husks and remove silks. Replace most of the husks and grill 5 minutes per side, or until kernels are charred.If you have gas stove you can grill it using stove top
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, yogurt and cumin and set aside.
- Once cooked, brush each ear with mayo mixture and roll in cheese; give a sprinkle of chili powder to taste. Add chopped coriander leaves over the corn.
- Squeeze lime over the corn just before eating.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.