Mexican Wedding Cookies /Snow Ball Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter*
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar/Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 +1/8 cup almond flour or 3/4 cup blanched almonds finely ground
- 1 1/8 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ tablespoon of water
- * you can increase the amount of butter to ½ cup then no need of water
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) one baking sheets
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
- Beat in the almond flour, then the all-purpose flour. Add water if needed to form a stiff dough.
- Scoop chestnut-sized (1") pieces of dough, and roll them into balls. A level teaspoon cookie scoop will give you just the right amount of dough. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 1" between them.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, until they feel set on top: and some of them are MAYBE beginning to barely brown around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking, put the topping sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them, 5 or 6 at a time, to the bowl. Roll them in the sugar to coat, and then transfer them to a rack to cool.
- When the cookies are cool, roll them in the sugar again; they should be thoroughly coated and snowy white.
- Store airtight at room temperature.
You can use pecans, walnuts or any nut of your choice instead of Almond.
Favorite recipes: Christmas Recipes hosted here.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.