This is sponsored post part of #choctoberfest I have received only products from Imperial Sugar
Since it is October I decided to make muffins with pumpkin. My little guy got upset because the muffins lack his favorite chocolate chips. Then he told me “mama you need to make something with chocolate chips, muffin is also okay but only with chocolate chips no pumpkin. Thus he decide my next bake, so I made Mocha Chocolate chip cookies bars with his favorite chocolate chips and Imperial Sugar’s granulated sugar and Light brown sugar part of #choctoberfest .
This Mocha chocolate chip cookie bars are easy as well as not overly sweetened, because I used 75% brown sugar and 25% regular sugar. Kids will love it. I love to have coffee flavor with chocolate because they always have perfect marriage. Cookie bars filled with chocolate chips and a hint of mocha is a good treat for your family and friends.
Do you know Imperial sugar is celebrating 175 years anniversary? I trust them in my bakes, cooking they help me to get perfect bake every time. Imperial Sugar products include granulated sugar, light and dark brown sugar, free-flowing sugar, powdered sugar, sugar shakers and Steviacane® (Stevia + sugar blend). Imperial Sugar products are 100% pure cane sugar, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results.
These cookies are SO good! With just enough coffee flavor! I used powdered instant espresso, as opposed to powdered instant coffee, so I could use less and still get a strong enough flavor. It’s dissolved in a very small amount of water so it thickens the water a bit as it dissolves. You don’t want to add too much liquid to the dough, or your dough will spread too much when baking, use only 1 tablespoon of hot water.
Make it and enjoy with cup of milk, you will love it I can assure. Make sure to enter Choctoberfest giveaway, you may be a lucky winner to get 400 dollars with goodies form various sponsor. Check here for more details here.
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2¼ cup /280g all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup /170g unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon /7g baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon/4g cornstarch
- 1/4 cup/50g Imperial’s granulated sugar
- 1 cup /188g firmly packed Imperial’s light brown sugar
- 1 large egg and egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoon/8g vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 11x 7-inch pan (you can use 9x9 inch pan too) with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder and mix well.
- In large bowl add both brown and granulated sugars, eggs, coffee, vanilla extract and egg and egg yolk and mix well .
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips Transfer to prepared pan, spreading to edges of pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.