I buy bananas whenever I go grocery shopping, but hubby and son like it only when they are just ripe. I like it ripe. But too ripe ones will be left behind in the kitchen table for 2-3 days finally when they develop some black spot and I will think of creating some recipes with it. If not I will freeze them so that I can use it in my smoothie recipe. Instead of making my usual Banana bread I decide to make this moist banana chocolate chip muffins.
This is easy and at the same time moist banana chocolate chip muffins. I added chocolate chips to make my son eat it, yes he is happy to see chocolate chips in each and everything. At first, he was not happy because I added banana into his favorite chocolate chip muffins, but after eating one he told me. Please pack one for my first-grade teacher Mrs. M. I asked him what you are going to tell teacher. He told me that he will tell his teacher that this is chocolate chip muffins with banana in it. If my little tough guy is convinced, then this recipe is so good.
I swapped a little bit on this recipe, yes reduced half of butter with unsweetened apple sauce. Also reduced the amount of sugar than original recipe. May be next time I will change half of the flour with whole wheat flour. This muffin won’t have dome shape because of apple sauce, milk and banana. What is in the shape? Taste is most important.
If you have few bananas laying in your kitchen table go ahead and make it. You are sure going to love it. It is easy to make, mix everything in a bowl and bake it, your delicious muffins will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
You can also have it as a next day breakfast, or lunch box or even as snack these are really good.
Moist Banana chocolate chip muffins
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed banana about 3 medium banana
- ½ cup + 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl and set aside
- Mix, egg, milk and sugar in medium bowl.
- In another bowl add mashed banana and apple sauce and mix well.
- Stir in, egg mixture and banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool. Enjoy with cup of coffee
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.