This is a sponsored post which I partnered with Zavor. However all opinions are mine alone.
I cook every day simple dishes yet something from scratch. Chana masala is one of our favorite dishes which features in our menu most often. Now I found that with programmable Zavor Lux LCD Multi-cooker I can make Chana masala so easily without soaking the chickpeas, yes, I forget most often. I feel that Indians have pressure cooking in their genes just kidding, we use it for everything whether to cook rice, lentils, meat, chicken, we love pressure cooking. I have seen my mom using pressure cooker every day. Recent years there is surge in electric multi-cooker recipes. I got chance to test Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker for cooking Indian recipes. Thus, I made this Multi-Cooker Chana masala curry. One of the lucky readers of Zesty South Indian Kitchen will get a chance to win a Zavor Lux LCD Multi-cooker
What is Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker
Do you know Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker is multipurpose, you can pressure cook, sauté, brown, make yogurt, dessert etc. Comes with 10 cooking functions, 30+ programmable settings, Interactive LCD screen, Stainless steel inner cooking pot. The button read outs are large and easy to follow and the quick guide makes making recipes a breeze. Also, there is an alarm that will tell you that you have not closed the lid properly; in the other multi-cookers where you see that only after the steam has started coming out.
I love that LCD interface is easy to operate and tells you very clearly what it’s doing, whether it’s preheating, cooking under pressure, warming, done, or doing something else. So, you know what is happening which is not there in other multicookers. I have used other multi-cookers too.
Making dinner in Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker. Our first recipe attempt was a Chana masala that took under 30 minutes from start to finish. And that started with raw chickpeas. Everything we’ve tried so far has come out perfectly. Whether it is tender chicken curry, vegetable stew, soup etc. Making dinner has become easier. It is almost like it’s magic – and I’m not heating up the house while making dinner even on a 100 Degree day!
What is Chana masala?
This is traditional Punjabi stew (Chana masala) made with medley of spices, tomatoes and chickpeas. You can’t miss this in any of Indian restaurant menu card. Simple yet lot of flavor rich stew goes with any flat bread, rice. Usually it is eaten with roti or chapathi. You can incorporate greens like spinach too if you want. I prefer in classic traditional way.
This is mildest curry you can make, I only added Kashmiri chili powder (you can use sweet paprika) and homemade gram masala. Make sure you use fresh ginger garlic paste. I have simple way to make perfect paste every time check this this link.
Multi-cooker Chana masala curry
- Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker
- How to cook Chana/ Chickpeas
- ½ cup dried chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup water
- For Chana masala curry
- 1 ¼ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika Kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional if you want heat add this
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 to mato chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- 11/2 cup + 1 cup water
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing.
- How to cook Chickpeas/Chana
- Pressure cook washed chickpeas along with water in High for about 26 minutes. About 1 ¼ cup cooked chickpeas will yield this recipe. Drain and use
- Chana masala curry
- First heat oil by switching on Brown function then press custom to add time. Then add olive oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, when mustard seeds start popping add green chili and then ½ cup chopped onion.
- When you add the onion add salt to speed up the process. To this add ginger- garlic paste and cook for minute. Then add spices, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sweet paprika, Cayenne if using . Mix well again then add tomato and mix again. To this add cooked chickpeas and add 1 cup water. Pressure cook for about 9 minutes. Once pressure is released add garam masala and cilantro leaves and enjoy.
Here’s How to Enter
One of lucky readers of Zesty South Indian Kitchen will get 6-quart Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker for their kitchen to enter the give way
- Please comment which dish you want to try first in your Zavor Lux LCD Multi-Cooker
- Click here Click here to sign up for my newsletter (if you haven’t already) to receive updates on future giveaways and lots of new delicious recipes coming your way!
- Tag your friends and share about this in Facebook , Instagram and other social media
- Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter the giveaway with multiple entries. Good luck!
Competition open to US residents only. No purchase necessary. You need to be 18 or more to enter the giveaway.
Karen Delaney has been selected as winner for giveaway.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.