Over here getting an intact banana leaf with the tip is out of question, at most what I can get is parts of the leaf, so I can’t follow the way of serving that I have explained. I do have a banana plant in my yard, but it is still a baby with its small leaves.
Here goes the recipe for Ada Pradhaman.
- 2 cup / 100g Rice Ada/noodles
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1/8 cup Golden raisin
- 1/8 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Chopped coconut
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Jaggery
- 4 1/4 cup Water ½ cup for jaggery melting and 2 cup for cooking ada+ ¼ cup for water for sabudana cooking and 1 ½ cup for diluting the coconut milk
- 4 nos. Cardamom
- 3/4 tsp Ginger powder
- In a medium sauce pot add 2 cup of water and cook ada until it is done. It takes about 20 minutes. Once it cooked well remove from the fire and drain in colander and wash with running water and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add sabudana and ¼ cup water and cook for about 12 minutes or it becomes translucent. Drain everything into a strainer and wash with running water to prevent further cooking and set aside.
- In thick bottomed pan heat jaggery with ½ cup water and let it melt completely. Once jaggery is melted remove and strain for impurities. Bring to boil again and add cooked ada and fry until it becomes thick. It takes about 5-7 minutes. To this add ½ cup thick coconut milk + 1 1/2 cup water and brings to boil for about 5 minutes. To this add cooked sabudana and rest of thick coconut milk. Add ginger powder and cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- In a small pan heat Ghee/clarified butter and fry raisin until they plums up. Then fry cashews until they become golden color. Then fry chopped coconut to golden brown color and add fried raisin, cashews and coconut pieces into cooked ada pradhaman.
- Enjoy the ada pradhaman as you wish.
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.