Orange Cranberry Cashew Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup White whole wheat flour: I used King Arthur flour
- ⅓ cup Unsalted butter
- ½ cup White sugar
- ½ Egg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 tablespoon Orange juice
- 1 cup Chopped cranberries
- ½ cup Cashew nuts:
- 1 tablespoon Orange zest
- ¼ cup Turbinado sugar for spreading on the top of cookies
- Pre- heat oven to 375 F and line the baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of kitchen aid stand mixer cream sugar and butter well until everything gets incorporated well.
- Then add half of egg and orange juice and beat once to combine well. To this gradually add dry ingredients and mix everything.
- Finally gently fold in chopped cashew nuts and cranberries and mix everything so that every part of dough gets both nuts and cranberries and set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip one side and press firmly in a bowl of coarse sugar if you want (you can also use granulated sugar instead), and place sugar-side up on baking sheet, evenly-spaced apart. Flatten with bottom of glass to 1 ½-inch circles. Leave a couple of inches, about 5 cm, between cookies since they’ll spread while baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (DO NOT OVERBAKE.) Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Enjoy as much you wish.
This is Swathi ( Dr. Ambujom Saraswathy Ph.D) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.