- Wash and pressure the cook the rice with 2 cup of water for about 10 minutes or until 2-3 whistles. Switch off and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking melt jaggery with 1/2 cup water and strain for impurities and set aside.
- Add this jaggery water into the rice and cook for about 10 minutes or until everything gets thickened well.
- To this add 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mash banana with sugar and set aside. Add this mashed banana into the cooked rice and jaggery mixture and cook for another 4 minutes.
- To this add thick coconut milk and cook for 1 minute. Then switch off flame and add cumin powder, cardamom powder and dry ginger powder and ghee. Enjoy warm.
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.