“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Mojo Tree Farms, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PichuberrySuperfruit http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
I like to start my days with breakfast muffins, as it is easy to make, ahead of time, and I can serve it in the morning without spending any additional time in the kitchen. As you know morning are always crazy like any other household. Nowadays when I make muffins I like to add some healthy ingredients. Recently I came to know about Super fruit Pichuberry, and we can get it here in the form of Pichuberry Puree in Walmart store . So, decide to add it in my muffins, thus Pichuberry oats coconut yogurt muffins were born.
Do you know The Pichuberry is native to the highlands of Peru? Pichuberries are a good source of vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin P, and the B-complex vitamins B1, B6, and B12. Best part is that by eating only 3 ounces of this power fruit, you’ll meet 37 percent of your daily required vitamin A, 13 percent of your required niacin, 18 percent of your recommended vitamin C, and 39 percent of your vitamin D requirement. (Percent daily values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.) Pichuberries have a high content of phenolic compounds, which are a natural antioxidant.
Since getting fresh Pichuberry is not easy, but we can get Pichuberry puree in Walmart frozen fruit section. I found Pichuberry puree is versatile – use the way we would use any other berry! Incorporate in your favorite smoothies, smoothie bowls, salad dressings, yogurts, muffin mixes, milks or juices. I made this Pichuberry oats coconut yogurt muffins with Pichuberry Puree.
I used coconut sugar as sweetener as it blends with Pichuberry Puree very well. Since it is a breakfast muffin, it must have oats so added that, and to give extra nutty taste added unsweetened coconut. To make it skinny I added coconut oil and Greek yogurt. Thus, healthy Pichuberry oats coconut yogurt muffins were made, it is really a tasty and filling breakfast. I added an egg to give some extra protein. You can skip that if you want and make it vegan.
Pichuberry Puree mingled well with other ingredients. I have shared this muffins with my friend and with my hubby’s colleagues at work, they all liked it. I am very happy to add a great breakfast muffin recipe into my menu. So Why wait, grab Pichuberry Puree from Walmart and make this delicious muffin.Check to see if Pichuberry Puree is available at your local Walmart store or at Walmart Grocery
Your loved ones will thank you!
Pichuberry oats coconut yogurt muffins
- 1 cup /130 g All-purpose flour
- ½ cup /51g Old fashioned rolled oats + extra for sprinkling
- ½ tsp/1 g baking soda
- ½ tsp/2g baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Pichuberry Puree 1 full pouch + ¾ of 2nd pouch
- ½ cup/29g unsweetened coconut + extra of sprinkling
- 1/3 cup/95g Greek yogurt
- 1 cup/198g coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with 12 liners and set aside.
- In a bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl add coconut oil and sugar and mix well to this add egg, vanilla extract and Pichuberry puree and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to Pichuberry puree-sugar-egg mixture. Then add oats and unsweetened coconut and mix well.
- Transfer the ¾ of the dough into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle oats and coconut on the top and bake it pre-heated oven to about 12 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite drink .
Pin it for later
This is Swathi ( Ambujom Saraswathy) from Zesty South Indian Kitchen who loves to explore cuisines from all over the world. Whenever possible I try to to give an Indian touch to several of the world cuisine, and has weakness for freshly baked bread. All the recipes you see here are created by me and approved after taste-test by my family.